How Much Can a Ford Explorer Tow?
When you outfit it with all the right gear, the 2019 Ford Explorer can tow up to 1,361 to 2,268 kg, with a payload capacity of 571 to 779 kg. If you need to haul equipment to your Winnipeg job site or tow your boat to Lake Winnipeg for a relaxing day of fishing, the new Ford Explorer will get you there. Check out the Explorer towing capacity, performance specs, and safety features with Capital Ford Winnipeg, below.
What Are My Ford Explorer Engine Options?
When you’re shopping for your Ford Explorer near Winnipeg, you’ll have three engine options:
- 3.5L V6: Twin independent variable camshaft timing (Ti-VCT) help this engine to deliver up to 290 hp, producing strong performance at low, medium, and high power ranges.
- 2.3L EcoBoost® 4-Cylinder: With a 2.3L EcoBoost® engine, your Explorer will deliver up to 280 hp.
- 3.5L EcoBoost® V6: The 3.5L EcoBoost®, available on the Sport and Platinum trims, utilizes direct injection and turbocharging to produce up to 365 hp,
Does the Ford Explorer Offer Towing Packages?
The 1,361- or 2,268-kg towing capacity of your Explorer is dependent on the following towing packages:
- Class II Trailer Tow Package:
- This package is optional on Explorers with a 2.3L engine. You’ll receive all the necessary equipment to tow up to 1,361 kg, such as a wiring harness and frame-mounted hitch.
- Class III Trailer Tow Package:
- This package is available on Explorers with a 3.5L V6 engine, and it equips your Explorer with an engine oil cooler, four- and seven-pin trailer connectors, and a frame-mounted hitch, allowing you to tow up to 2,268 kg with ease.
What Towing Safety Features Are Available with the Explorer?
The 2,268-kg max towing capacity of your Explorer will take care of the heavy lifting, but Winnipeg drivers will appreciate the extra help they can get from the available towing safety features. Here are just a couple of examples:
- Intelligent 4WD with Terrain Management System™: When it’s time to leave the paved path for the rough terrain of the road less traveled, this system will allow you to switch between Normal, Mud/RUT, Sand, or Grass/Gravel/Snow modes with ease.
- AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control™: You can remain in-the-know of your Explorer’s yaw and roll rates with AdvanceTrac®. It uses gyroscopic sensors to maintain stability in the frightening event of a wheel-slip, understeer, or oversteer. You’ll also get Curve Control, which helps maintain your speed on tight corners.
Test Drive the Ford Explorer at Capital Ford Winnipeg!
When you’re ready to learn more about what the Explorer can do, simply contact us to schedule a test drive at our Winnipeg dealership. Our Ford specialists will be able to answer all your questions and tell you all about our new Ford specials. Before you go, learn more about the intuitive Ford SYNC® infotainment system you’ll enjoy in a new Explorer.
More from Capital Ford Winnipeg
Interested in driving a small Ford truck that’s just as formidable on the roads of Winnipeg as it is off of them? Discover the different 2019 Ford Ranger price and features with Capital Ford Winnipeg to determine which model fits in your budget. 2019 Ford Ranger Ford Ranger Inventory 2019 Ford Ranger XL (MSRP from $28,977) Check…
Winnipeg drivers who need a truck that can take them from the job site during the week to an adventurous weekend exploring the area will find that the 2019 Ford Ranger is an ideal model. Customize your cabin and bed setup, enjoy a spacious interior, and take advantage of advanced technology with this Ford midsize…
The 2019 Ford F-250 towing capacity depends on the configuration you select:: Maximum Conventional Towing: 9,525 kg Maximum 5th-Wheel Towing: 12,474 kg Maximum Gooseneck Towing: 14,742 kg In addition to its towing capabilities, the new F-250 promises a maximum payload capacity of 3,461kg, also depending on its configuration. With all of this in mind, Winnipeg…
When you outfit it with all the right gear, the 2019 Ford Explorer can tow up to 1,361 to 2,268 kg, with a payload capacity of 571 to 779 kg. If you need to haul equipment to your Winnipeg job site or tow your boat to Lake Winnipeg for a relaxing day of fishing, the…
Drivers who are shopping for a spacious SUV that handles well on Winnipeg roads will love the comfortable, stylish interior 2019 Ford Escape. With 1925.6 litres of cargo space behind the first row of seating, you’ll have more than enough room to comfortably seat up to five passengers and store all their belongings. Learn more…