How Much Can a Ford Explorer Tow?
When you outfit it with all the right gear, the 2019 Ford Explorer can tow up to 1,361 to 2,268 kg, with a payload capacity of 571 to 779 kg. If you need to haul equipment to your Winnipeg job site or tow your boat to Lake Winnipeg for a relaxing day of fishing, the new Ford Explorer will get you there. Check out the Explorer towing capacity, performance specs, and safety features with Capital Ford Winnipeg, below.
What Are My Ford Explorer Engine Options?
When you’re shopping for your Ford Explorer near Winnipeg, you’ll have three engine options:
- 3.5L V6: Twin independent variable camshaft timing (Ti-VCT) help this engine to deliver up to 290 hp, producing strong performance at low, medium, and high power ranges.
- 2.3L EcoBoost® 4-Cylinder: With a 2.3L EcoBoost® engine, your Explorer will deliver up to 280 hp.
- 3.5L EcoBoost® V6: The 3.5L EcoBoost®, available on the Sport and Platinum trims, utilizes direct injection and turbocharging to produce up to 365 hp,
Does the Ford Explorer Offer Towing Packages?
The 1,361- or 2,268-kg towing capacity of your Explorer is dependent on the following towing packages:
- Class II Trailer Tow Package:
- This package is optional on Explorers with a 2.3L engine. You’ll receive all the necessary equipment to tow up to 1,361 kg, such as a wiring harness and frame-mounted hitch.
- Class III Trailer Tow Package:
- This package is available on Explorers with a 3.5L V6 engine, and it equips your Explorer with an engine oil cooler, four- and seven-pin trailer connectors, and a frame-mounted hitch, allowing you to tow up to 2,268 kg with ease.
What Towing Safety Features Are Available with the Explorer?
The 2,268-kg max towing capacity of your Explorer will take care of the heavy lifting, but Winnipeg drivers will appreciate the extra help they can get from the available towing safety features. Here are just a couple of examples:
- Intelligent 4WD with Terrain Management System™: When it’s time to leave the paved path for the rough terrain of the road less traveled, this system will allow you to switch between Normal, Mud/RUT, Sand, or Grass/Gravel/Snow modes with ease.
- AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control™: You can remain in-the-know of your Explorer’s yaw and roll rates with AdvanceTrac®. It uses gyroscopic sensors to maintain stability in the frightening event of a wheel-slip, understeer, or oversteer. You’ll also get Curve Control, which helps maintain your speed on tight corners.
Test Drive the Ford Explorer at Capital Ford Winnipeg!
When you’re ready to learn more about what the Explorer can do, simply contact us to schedule a test drive at our Winnipeg dealership. Our Ford specialists will be able to answer all your questions and tell you all about our new Ford specials. Before you go, learn more about how the Explorer interior features and the intuitive Ford SYNC® infotainment system can enhance your driving experience.
More from Capital Ford Winnipeg
Primed for exploration and loaded with helpful features, the 2021 Explorer is the ultimate adventure buddy and master of the day-to-day. The new Explorer is designed to make the most of any situation, whether you’re on an adventure or running errands. DESIGN The newest Explorer’s power and driving control comes wrapped in…
Winnipeg is notorious for bone-chillingly cold winters- it’s not rare to have temps that dip to -40 C° mid-January or February. Thankfully, winter 2020/21 has been unseasonably mild so far… a welcome change with the way COVID-19 threw us all for a loop this year. The city boasts a number of awesome indoor winter adventures,…
Happy Holidays from Capital Ford Winnipeg The holidays are all about being thankful and coming together to celebrate… this year looked a little different. We had to adjust to pandemic restrictions and change our usual celebrations, but we still found a way to get festive and make the most of the holiday season. Here are…
Vehicle Feature of the Month- 2020 Escape The completely redesigned Escape was designed, engineered and built for a life in motion. From the spacious new interior to the sleek, head-turning lines of the exterior, the newest Escape was built for adventure on the road and a lifestyle on the go. Whether you want award-winning appeal…
It’s the most wonderful time of the year… Year-End Clearance at Capital Ford Lincoln Winnipeg! We’re running a number of awesome specials to get you winter-ready, whether that means finding a new vehicle, or servicing your existing ride! Ford Year-End Clearance Ford’s super-stacked 2020 lineup offers driving and tech features that are the perfect package…