How Much Can a Ford Explorer Tow?
When you outfit it with all the right gear, the 2019 Ford Explorer can tow up to 1,361 to 2,268 kg, with a payload capacity of 571 to 779 kg. If you need to haul equipment to your Winnipeg job site or tow your boat to Lake Winnipeg for a relaxing day of fishing, the new Ford Explorer will get you there. Check out the Explorer towing capacity, performance specs, and safety features with Capital Ford Winnipeg, below.
What Are My Ford Explorer Engine Options?
When you’re shopping for your Ford Explorer near Winnipeg, you’ll have three engine options:
- 3.5L V6: Twin independent variable camshaft timing (Ti-VCT) help this engine to deliver up to 290 hp, producing strong performance at low, medium, and high power ranges.
- 2.3L EcoBoost® 4-Cylinder: With a 2.3L EcoBoost® engine, your Explorer will deliver up to 280 hp.
- 3.5L EcoBoost® V6: The 3.5L EcoBoost®, available on the Sport and Platinum trims, utilizes direct injection and turbocharging to produce up to 365 hp,
Does the Ford Explorer Offer Towing Packages?
The 1,361- or 2,268-kg towing capacity of your Explorer is dependent on the following towing packages:
- Class II Trailer Tow Package:
- This package is optional on Explorers with a 2.3L engine. You’ll receive all the necessary equipment to tow up to 1,361 kg, such as a wiring harness and frame-mounted hitch.
- Class III Trailer Tow Package:
- This package is available on Explorers with a 3.5L V6 engine, and it equips your Explorer with an engine oil cooler, four- and seven-pin trailer connectors, and a frame-mounted hitch, allowing you to tow up to 2,268 kg with ease.
What Towing Safety Features Are Available with the Explorer?
The 2,268-kg max towing capacity of your Explorer will take care of the heavy lifting, but Winnipeg drivers will appreciate the extra help they can get from the available towing safety features. Here are just a couple of examples:
- Intelligent 4WD with Terrain Management System™: When it’s time to leave the paved path for the rough terrain of the road less traveled, this system will allow you to switch between Normal, Mud/RUT, Sand, or Grass/Gravel/Snow modes with ease.
- AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control™: You can remain in-the-know of your Explorer’s yaw and roll rates with AdvanceTrac®. It uses gyroscopic sensors to maintain stability in the frightening event of a wheel-slip, understeer, or oversteer. You’ll also get Curve Control, which helps maintain your speed on tight corners.
Test Drive the Ford Explorer at Capital Ford Winnipeg!
When you’re ready to learn more about what the Explorer can do, simply contact us to schedule a test drive at our Winnipeg dealership. Our Ford specialists will be able to answer all your questions and tell you all about our new Ford specials. Before you go, learn more about how the Explorer interior features and the intuitive Ford SYNC® infotainment system can enhance your driving experience.
More from Capital Ford Winnipeg
Meet Co-Pilot360 The Co-Pilot360 package includes six core technologies like automatic emergency braking, blind-spot monitors, reverse camera, lane keep assist, and auto high beams. Ford debuted its package of advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) with the release of the 2019 Ford Edge. Since then, Ford has expanded the number of models that get the package- the…
During these unprecedented times, Automotive Sales and Service have been deemed an essential service in Manitoba. In our store, we have been diligent in implementing safety measures to protect our staff and our valued customers. We have increased cleaning down of touchpoints in the store several times a day with a 10% bleach mixture, put…
The 2020 Ford Explorer is a terrific choice for City Centre-area families or anyone who leads an active lifestyle. Along with its rugged exterior styling and impressive performance capabilities, it is the Ford Explorer interior that has made this SUV so popular among drivers from Winnipeg to Garden City and beyond. Explore the Ford Explorer interior features,…
The 2020 Ford Escape is classified as a compact crossover SUV, but the Ford Escape dimensions and cargo space may cause City Centre-area drivers to think otherwise. And whereas hybrid and plug-in hybrid models often compromise interior space, that’s not the case when it comes to cargo volume within the Escape’s hybrid offerings. Learn more with…
Spring is here and you want to show off your ride! Whether you’re trying to sell your car, or just want to show it off on Instagram, our tips are for you! The good news is that you don’t need to go out and buy a fancy camera, most decent smartphones these days will have…