Fall in Love with an F-150 this Valentine’s Day
The 2021 F-150 is Tough:
The all-new F-150 is a pure heavyweight, delivering the same proven dependability that has helped make the F-Series Canada’s number one selling truck for 54 years.
This year’s F-150 was rebuilt from the ground up on a foundation of tough. The smart use of advanced, high-strength materials delivers strength and durability while reducing overall weight. Take, for example, the class-exclusive, high-strength, military-grade, aluminum-alloy body and box… a key enabler of its outstanding payload and towing power. Working with aluminum alloy allows an increased gauge where needed to achieve strength without increasing weight, and thick body panels provide excellent resistance to dents and dings.
Built on a fully-boxed frame made of high-strength steel and large cross sections, the F-150 has toughness in its bones. There’s power in every single part of the truck, including the frame and crossmembers. Five of the crossmembers are through-welded, meaning they extend through the side of the frame rails and are welded on both sides for strength.
Did you know the new F-150 is the most aerodynamic F-150 ever? New automatic-open active grille shutters, new automatic-open active air dam and new sculpted cab and tailgate geometry all work together to reduce drag and improve fuel consumption.
Ford’s engineers know that F-150 owners love to push the boundaries and take their trucks anywhere, so it only makes sense the new F-150 had to endure built Ford tough torture testing. Some of the test completed in labs, through computer simulations, and in real-world simulations include:
- Pulling heavy trailers and loads through desert valleys and high-altitude mountain passes
- Testing in temperatures from -7°C to 49°C
- Salt sprays and acidified sprays to test for corrosion
- More than 1000 consecutive extreme temperature loops quickly bringing the engine from -26° to 112°C- the equivalent of driving a vehicle non-stop from Death Valley to the Arctic Circle 350 times
- Fatigue tests running the engine at full load for more than 17 straight days at peak power
- Unloaded vehicles and vehicles towing cargo drive for more than 800 hours on gasoline-ethanol mixtures and intentionally degraded engine oil
The 2021 F-150 is Powerful:
The all-new F-150 doesn’t wait in the wings; it stands out. It’s a purpose-built giant of capability, tough on its own merit, smarter than ever and eagerly waiting to hit the pavement.
Jumpstart your job or campsite with available Pro Power Onboard. This new, class-exclusive available feature gives you the ability to use your truck as a mobile generator. Choose one of three outputs – 2.0kW (available with optional gas engines), 2.4kW (standard with the PowerBoost Full Hybrid engine) and massively powerful 7.2kW (available with the PowerBoost Full Hybrid engine) – and power nearly anything and everything. For example, the 7.2kW generator can power: DJ equipment, an electric heater, a popcorn machine, a blender, a T.V., a mini fridge AND a slow cooker… all at the same time! Plus, use the FordPass app to monitor power usage. How will you use Pro Power Onboard?
If that wasn’t enough, the new F-150 offers a six-engine lineup to deliver all the performance and power you may need. Engine options include:
- New 3.5L PowerBoost Full Hybrid V6 (430 horsepower, 570 lb.-ft of torque, and max 12,700 lbs. towing capacity)
- 2.7L EcoBoost V6 (325 horsepower, 400 lb.-ft of torque)
- 3.5L EcoBoost V6 (400 horsepower, 570 lb.-ft of torque, and max 14,000 lbs. towing capacity)
- 5.0L Ti-VCT V8 (400 horsepower, 410 lb.-ft of torque, and max 3,325 lbs. payload rating)
- 3.3L Ti-VCT V6 (290 horsepower, 265 lb.-ft of torque)
- 3.0L Power Stroke Turbo Diesel (250 horsepower, 440 lb.-ft of torque, 12,100 lbs. max towing, 1,840 max payload)
Whichever engine you chose, know that all F-150 engines deliver their power through an advanced 10-speed automatic transmission. The 10-speed delivers impressive overall performance, with enhanced acceleration at the low and mid ranges of the power band. Features include optimized wide-span gear spacing coupled with drag-reduction actions plus three overdrive gears.
Selectable drive modes help you maintain control over a variety of terrains and in less-than-favourable conditions. Survey the path ahead and switch into Normal, Eco, Sport, Tow/Haul, Slippery, Trail, Deep Snow/Sand, Mud/Ruts, or even Rock Crawl (with the FX4 Off-Road Package).
The 2021 F-150 is Capable:
Know that, above all, the F-150 outperforms every other truck in its class with best-in-class available towing and payload. When equipped with the available 3.5L EcoBoost V6 and Max Trailer Tow Package, F-150 is rated for more conventional towing than any light-duty, full-size pickup= a maximum of 14,000 lbs., a gain of 800 lbs. over the 2020 model. PowerBoost full hybrid trucks are rated at a maximum of 12,700 lbs. of conventional towing- the most ever offered by a full-size pickup. Maximum payload increases to 3325 lbs.- more than 1000 lbs. over F-150’s closest full-size, light-duty competitor.
Sometimes, it’s just you and your F-150 out there… good thing it has your back. The Co-Pilot360 suite helps keep you in command with a host of available drive features. Looking for a complete rundown of Co-Pilot360? Check out our feature blog. Here’s a breakdown of which technology is available by trim level.
Ford Co-Pilot360 2.0
Standard on all series:
- Autolamp and auto high beams
- Lane-Keeping System
- Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking
- Rear view camera with Dynamic Hitch Assist
Standard on XLT and above:
- BLIS with cross-traffic alert (includes Trailer Coverage on Lariat and above)
- Reverse Sensing System
- NEW Reverse Brake Assist
- NEW Post-Collision Braking
Ford Co-Pilot360 Assist 2.0
Standard on King Ranch and above; available on XLT and Lariat:
- NEW Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control (Stop-and-Go, Lane Centring, and Speed Sign Recognition)
- NEW Evasive Steering Assist
- NEW Intersection Assist
- NEW Connected Built-In Navigation
Ford Co-Pilot360 Active 2.0 Prep Kit
Standard on Platinum and Limited; available on Lariat and King Ranch:
- NEW Active Drive Assist Prep Kit
- NEW Active Park Assist 2.0
Active Drive Assist allows for hands-free driving on more than 160,000km of divided highways in North America. Its advanced, driver-facing camera tracks head position and driver gaze to enable hands-free driving when available.
Not only can the new F-150 drive for you, it can park for you, too! Available Active Park Assist 2.0 is parking assistance in virtually any situation. With this revolutionary system, navigating into a parallel or reverse perpendicular parking spot is easier than ever. Just hold down the Active Park Assist button and the system does the rest- steering, shifting, braking and accelerating. Once you’re ready to leave, hit the button again and sit back and watch as the F-150 directs you out of your parking spot by itself.
The 2021 F-150 is Productive:
Hard work is more than picking things up and putting them down. That’s why the 2021 F-150 is loaded with smart features to help you work smarter and make your job easier.
SYNC 4 is the perfect crew member. Building on more than 10 years of connectivity innovation, the new system has twice the computing power of the old generation and gives you complete control of the innovative tech in your F-150. Stay at the forefront of new technology with automatic Over-the-Air updates. The updates can help improve performance and even provide the option for new features to be added to your truck. Many updates will be completed in under two minutes and can be performed at a time of your choosing.
Manage the entire SYNC 4 system using the available 12” touchscreen. Standard on XLT 302A and above, it includes:
- Wireless phone connection, AppLink with App Catalogue and 911 Assist
- Cloud connection
- Digital Owner’s Manual for quick access to vehicle info and streamable how-to videos
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility, now with cord-free phone flexibility
- Navigation available via Waze, Apple CarPlay or Android Auto
- Conversational voice recognition for more natural hands-free voice control
- SiriusXM with 360L satellite and streaming service that can deliver more than 10,000 hours of on-demand content and provide personalized recommendations
- Large landscape screen design that strikes a balance between online controls and the convenience of physical buttons
- Customizable information-on-demand panel that allows you to split the screen and control multiple functions simultaneously
PLUS, the 12” touchscreen can be used wearing gloves!
Leave the flashlight at home and shed some light on your worksite with available selectable Zone Lighting. Light up specific spots or the entire area around your F-150 (360-degrees), including inside the bed. Don’t be afraid to leave the site, all lighting can be controlled remotely through the FordPass App.
Like the exterior, the cabin was completely redesigned for truck customers, with more comfort, storage, technology, functionality and use of more premium materials. With the available Interior Work Surface, the F-150 is your new office. The console shifter folds out of the way with the simple push of a button and creates space for the large, flat deployable work surface. Sign documents, use your laptop, or enjoy lunch in your cabin… the options are endless. Had a late night and need to grab a midday nap? The F-150’s class-exclusive max recline seats fold flat to nearly 180 degrees, with the bottom cushion rising up to meet the back cushion and the upper back rotating forward up to 10 degrees for maximum comfort.
Not only does the F-150 give you plenty of room to pack your tools, the power up and down tailgate also makes for easy loading and unloading. The available power tailgate lets you automatically lift and lower your tailgate from a distance with your key fob or with the in-cabin button. And the available tailgate work surface provides built-in rulers, a mobile device holder, a cupholder, pencil holders, small item storage, and a large, flat surface for writing and measuring.
Also, new clamp pockets are built into the tailgate so you can secure materials for extra-precise work, and new cleats mounted to the side of every F-150 tailgate act as handy tie-down locations for extra-long items in the bed, while also doubling as a convenient bottle opener.
What’s not to love? Despite running through all these awesome features, we’ve only scratched the surface of the all-new F-150s awesome capabilities. To get the full picture, browse our selection of 2021 F-150s, pick your favourite model, and book a test drive with one of our awesome Product Specialists