What is Ford SYNC®?
The intuitive Ford SYNC® system makes Winnipeg drives a breeze with features like hands-free, voice-activated control, navigation, and more. You can get Ford SYNC® on new Ford models from the 2017 model year and newer, and even some 2016 models. Find out what the SYNC system can do below, then contact us at Capital Ford Winnipeg if you have any questions!
Ford SYNC® Features
Starting with the base level Ford SYNC® system, you can take advantage of advanced features and hands-free capabilities, and drive with confidence on Winnipeg roads. Ford SYNC® features include:
- Voice-Activated Commands: Make calls, sends texts, and more. All without having to lift a finger from the steering wheel.
- Music on Command: You can access SiriusXM® radio and connect to your phone via Bluetooth® to access your personal music collection. Use the voice commands to say the type of music you wish to hear, and SYNC® will deliver. You can even create a personal playlist with SYNC®.
- Ultimate Connectivity: You can take advantage of the AppLink® program through SYNC® to access apps integrated to the vehicle infotainment systems. Connect to Spotify and Pandora®, and use the “Thumbs Up” voice command to save favourite stations and curate playlists.
- User-Friendly Screen: The large LCD screen allows you to quickly and easily read, control, and manage anything from caller ID to song titles. Using the Bluetooth® command gives you direct access to whatever is on your connected device.
- Safety First: The hands-free calling, texting, and entertainment, and vehicle control allows for more attention to the roads, but if you do get into an accident SYNC® also gives you 911 Assist®, which makes emergency calls for you even if you are unable to do so yourself.
Ford SYNC® 3 Features
If you upgrade to the Ford SYNC® 3 system you can enjoy added features including:
- Ford+Alexa: The Ford+Alexa app connects via the SYNC® 3 AppLink® and offers Voice Navigation, Traffic Information, Amazon Prime shopping, control of your Amazon Smart Smart Home devices and more.
- FordPass™: With SYNC Connect®, FordPass™ can monitor your vehicle’s location remotely, as well as check fuel level, lock/unlock, and start the engine. You can even schedule a time for your vehicle to remotely start. SYNC Connect® comes with a Wi-Fi® hotspot for even more connectivity.
- Available SiriusXM® and Travel Link®: Audible turn-by-turn navigation along with up-to-date traffic, weather, and more are available with these features.
- Android Auto™ Compatibility: Make calls, send and read texts, listen to any voicemail, and even talk to Google to utilize Google Maps and more.
Experience Ford SYNC® at Capital Ford Winnipeg
If you’re thinking to yourself, “I need to sync my ride”, come test out Ford SYNC® at Capital Ford Winnipeg. When you are looking for your next new Ford with this advanced technology, check our current new vehicle specials to get a great deal. Need help pairing your phone to the system? Check out our step-by-step guide to setting up SYNC®! You’ll be easily navigating to Winnipeg shops and restaurants in no time.
More From Capital Ford Winnipeg
Winnipeg drivers who need a truck that can take them from the job site during the week to an adventurous weekend exploring the area will find that the 2019 Ford Ranger is an ideal model. Customize your cabin and bed setup, enjoy a spacious interior, and take advantage of advanced technology with this Ford midsize…
The 2019 Ford F-250 towing capacity depends on the configuration you select:: Maximum Conventional Towing: 9,525 kg Maximum 5th-Wheel Towing: 12,474 kg Maximum Gooseneck Towing: 14,742 kg In addition to its towing capabilities, the new F-250 promises a maximum payload capacity of 3,461kg, also depending on its configuration. With all of this in mind, Winnipeg…
When you outfit it with all the right gear, the 2019 Ford Explorer can tow up to 1,361 to 2,268 kg, with a payload capacity of 571 to 779 kg. If you need to haul equipment to your Winnipeg job site or tow your boat to Lake Winnipeg for a relaxing day of fishing, the…