What is Ford SYNC®?
The intuitive Ford SYNC® system makes City Centre drives a breeze with features like hands-free, voice-activated control, navigation, and more. You can get Ford SYNC® on new Ford models from the 2017 model year and newer, and even some 2016 models. Find out what the SYNC system can do below, then contact us at Capital Ford Winnipeg if you have any questions!
Ford SYNC® Features
Starting with the base level Ford SYNC® system, you can take advantage of advanced features and hands-free capabilities, and drive with confidence on City Centre roads. Ford SYNC® features include:
- Voice-Activated Commands: Make calls, sends texts, and more. All without having to lift a finger from the steering wheel.
- Music on Command: You can access SiriusXM® radio and connect to your phone via Bluetooth® to access your personal music collection. Use the voice commands to say the type of music you wish to hear, and SYNC® will deliver. You can even create a personal playlist with SYNC®.
- Ultimate Connectivity: You can take advantage of the AppLink® program through SYNC® to access apps integrated to the vehicle infotainment systems. Connect to Spotify and Pandora®, and use the “Thumbs Up” voice command to save favourite stations and curate playlists.
- User-Friendly Screen: The large LCD screen allows you to quickly and easily read, control, and manage anything from caller ID to song titles. Using the Bluetooth® command gives you direct access to whatever is on your connected device.
- Safety First: The hands-free calling, texting, and entertainment, and vehicle control allows for more attention to the roads, but if you do get into an accident SYNC® also gives you 911 Assist®, which makes emergency calls for you even if you are unable to do so yourself.
Ford SYNC® 3 Features
If you upgrade to the Ford SYNC® 3 system you can enjoy added features including:
- Ford+Alexa: The Ford+Alexa app connects via the SYNC® 3 AppLink® and offers Voice Navigation, Traffic Information, Amazon Prime shopping, control of your Amazon Smart Smart Home devices and more.
- FordPass™: With SYNC Connect®, FordPass™ can monitor your vehicle’s location remotely, as well as check fuel level, lock/unlock, and start the engine. You can even schedule a time for your vehicle to remotely start. SYNC Connect® comes with a Wi-Fi® hotspot for even more connectivity.
- Available SiriusXM® and Travel Link®: Audible turn-by-turn navigation along with up-to-date traffic, weather, and more are available with these features.
- Android Auto™ Compatibility: Make calls, send and read texts, listen to any voicemail, and even talk to Google to utilize Google Maps and more.
Experience Ford SYNC® at Capital Ford Winnipeg
If you’re thinking to yourself, “I need to sync my ride”, come test out Ford SYNC® at Capital Ford Winnipeg. When you are looking for your next new Ford with this advanced technology, check our current new vehicle specials to get a great deal. Need help pairing your phone to the system? Check out our step-by-step guide to setting up SYNC®! You’ll be easily navigating to Winnipeg shops and restaurants in no time.
More From Capital Ford Winnipeg
Summer means longer days, barbeques, and pools. It’s not likely that car maintenance would be the first thing on your mind, but it’s important to remember that summer’s extreme temperatures can wreak havoc on your car. Make sure your car is ready for summer fun by following these tips and giving it a little TLC….
Buying a car has never been easier with Capital Ford Winnipeg’s new system, Online Shopper! With this awesome tool, you can find the right vehicle, choose your own payment, get an estimate on your trade-in, and schedule home delivery or an at-home test-drive— completely online! This new technology puts you in complete control of your…
F-150 InventoryContact Us What is the right 2020 Ford F-150 truck bed size to suit your driving needs around City Centre? The decision depends on how you will be using your truck. If you’ll be hauling equipment and materials to the worksite, you’ll want a longer bed. Planning on taking the family out for a…