200-hp 2.5L four-cylinder
11.8 L/100km city/9.8 L/100km highway*
11.9 L/100km city/9.2 L/100km highway
2019 Ford Ranger vs. 2019 Chevy Colorado
Discerning Winnipeg shoppers in the market for a versatile midsize truck are likely comparing the 2019 Ford Ranger vs. 2019 Chevy Colorado. Both are certainly strong options, but the new Ford Ranger proves stronger and more efficient. Capital Ford Winnipeg breaks down the Ranger’s advantages.
Ranger vs. Chevy Colorado: Performance
At the start of the lineup, the Ford Ranger runs on a more powerful engine than the Chevy Colorado.
- Ranger: A 2.3L EcoBoost® engine paired with an electronic 10-speed automatic transmission with tow/haul model allows for 270 hp. Despite this power, the Ranger still achieves 11.8 L/100km city/9.8 L/100km highway* with its base engine.
- Colorado: The standard 2.5L four-cylinder mated to either a 6- or an 8-speed automatic transmission delivers just 200 hp. The setup permits just 11.9 L/100km city.
Ranger vs. Chevy Colorado: Towing
In addition to stronger performance, the Ranger also posts better payload and tow ratings than the Chevy truck.
- Payload: The Ranger’s maximum payload is 748 kilograms, as compared with the Colorado’s 702-kilogram payload.
- Towing: The Ranger can tow up to 3,402 kilograms when properly equipped, whereas the Colorado can tow only up to 3,175 kilograms.
When you need to get your gear where it needs to go in one trip, the Ranger clearly has the advantage.
Ranger vs. Chevy Colorado: Features
With the 2019 Ford Ranger, Winnipeg drivers can expect more for their money. The following features come standard on the Ranger, but not on the Chevy Colorado:
- FordPass Connect™ with 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot
- Ford SYNC®
- Ford MyKey®
- Smart-Charging USB port
- Ford Applink®
- Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking
- AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control™ (RSC®)
- SOS Post-Crash Alert System™
What’s more, the Ranger offers access to the all-new available Ford Co-Pilot 360™ technology, adding the Lane-Keeping System and the Blind Spot Information System (BLIS®) with Cross-Traffic Alert. When equipped with this technology, maneuvering with a trailer will be easier than ever.
Shop Ford Midsize Trucks at Capital Ford Winnipeg!
After comparing the 2019 Ford Ranger vs. Chevy Colorado, get in touch with Winnipeg to schedule a test drive of the Ranger and make a final decision! Check out our new vehicle specials, in the meantime, to find out how you can save on your midsize truck purchase!
*Estimated Fuel consumption ratings based on Government of Canada approved test methods. Le/100 km is the Government of Canada equivalent measure of gasoline fuel efficiency for electric mode operation. Refer to “Specs” portion of applicable vehicle page for engine and transmission details. Actual fuel consumption will vary.