450 hp and 510 lb-ft of torque
381 hp and 401 lb-ft of torque
12.0 L/100km city/8.9 L /100km highway
17.7 L/100km city and 13.6 L/100 km highway
2020 Ford F-150 vs. Toyota Tundra: Which Is Right For You?
Having trouble deciding between the 2020 Ford F-150 and Toyota Tundra? When it comes down to the numbers, you won’t have trouble making a choice. That’s because the new F-150:
- Costs $11,311 less on the base MSRP
- Generates 69 more hp and 109 lb-ft of torque from its most powerful engine
- Tows up to 1,452 more kilograms
- Offers five more engine options in its lineup, including a diesel engine
- Earns higher ratings from expert auto critics
Need more specifics before making your final decision? Compare the Ford F-150 vs. Toyota Tundra with Capital Ford Winnipeg!
F-150 vs. Tundra: Engine Specs
Whether you need a hefty towing capacity for the City Centre job site or you are a St. James-Assiniboia driver who enjoys the luxury of choice, the Ford F-150 will serve you better than the Toyota Tundra. In comparing the Toyota Tundra vs. Ford F-150, you will notice that you get more engine options, stronger performance, and better towing from the Ford truck.
- Engine Lineup: The new F-150 has six engines from which to choose across its lineup, while the Tundra has just one engine in its lineup. Consider the Ford F-150 Lariat for its 2.7L EcoBoost® V6.
- Strongest Engine: The F-150’s strongest engine is a High-Output 3.5L EcoBoost® that churns out 450 hp and 510 lb-ft of torque. The Tundra’s lone powertrain makes 381 hp and 401 lb-ft of torque.
- Towing Capacity: With its 5.0L V8 engine, the F-150 can tow a maximum of 5,987 kilograms when properly equipped. The Tundra’s towing capacity maxes out at 4,535 kilograms pounds, even when properly equipped.
- Fuel Economy: Despite its impressive power, the F-150 earns a respectable 12.0 L/100km city and 8.9 L /100km highway. The Tundra has a fuel economy rating of 17.7 L/100km city and 13.6 L/100 km highway.
- Diesel Engine: As previously mentioned, the Tundra only has one engine, powered by gas. However, the F-150 also provides a diesel engine option, which produces 250 hp and 440 lb-ft of torque and achieves up 7.8 L/100km highway.
F-150 vs. Tundra: Expert Reviews
Would experts recommend the Ford F-150 or the Toyota Tundra? That may be an important factor in your decision between the two pickup trucks, and based on Edmunds reviews, the F-150 is the smarter choice. With a score of 8.1/10, Edmunds touted the F-150 for its range of engines, high tow rating, and upscale amenities. Meanwhile, the Tundra earned a rating of only 6.7/10 from Edmunds, with points knocked off for its below-average fuel economy returns, limited customization options, and stiff ride quality.
F-150 vs. Tundra: Price
The best part of the F-150’s clear advantages over the Tundra is that they are more accessible for Garden City drivers.
- F-150: MSRP from $29,339
- Tundra: MSRP from $40,650
Test Drive the 2020 Ford F-150 near Fort Garry!
Check out our F-150 vs. Chevy Silverado 1500 comparison, and you’re in need of a pickup truck, explore the new Ford F-150 inventory at Capital Ford Winnipeg! Get in touch to schedule a test drive, and make sure to apply for financing online to expedite the process at the dealership! You can even browse our used truck inventory to find an even more affordable F-150.
More From Capital Ford Winnipeg
Meet Co-Pilot360 The Co-Pilot360 package includes six core technologies like automatic emergency braking, blind-spot monitors, reverse camera, lane keep assist, and auto high beams. Ford debuted its package of advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) with the release of the 2019 Ford Edge. Since then, Ford has expanded the number of models that get the package- the…
During these unprecedented times, Automotive Sales and Service have been deemed an essential service in Manitoba. In our store, we have been diligent in implementing safety measures to protect our staff and our valued customers. We have increased cleaning down of touchpoints in the store several times a day with a 10% bleach mixture, put…
The 2020 Ford Explorer is a terrific choice for City Centre-area families or anyone who leads an active lifestyle. Along with its rugged exterior styling and impressive performance capabilities, it is the Ford Explorer interior that has made this SUV so popular among drivers from Winnipeg to Garden City and beyond. Explore the Ford Explorer interior features,…
*Platinum model shown in image