What Are the Advantages of Genuine OEM Ford Parts?
Is your car battery dying? Is the tread on your tires getting low? Do you need a new Ford key fob? When it’s time for replacements, Capital Ford Winnipeg is the place to go near City Centre. Why? Mainly because we pride ourselves in using genuine OEM Ford parts in our Service Centre. Now, you may be asking: What are the advantages of genuine OEM Ford parts? In short, OEM parts are made specifically for your vehicle, so there’s a certain level of quality and function that you can expect from them. Learn more with your Ford dealer in Winnipeg!
What Are Ford OEM parts?
Ford OEM parts are made specifically by Ford for Ford vehicles. Since OEM means Original Equipment Manufacturer, this makes sense. However, there are drivers out there who gravitate toward aftermarket parts instead. These are made by a third-party company that design parts to work for as many makes and models as possible. Yet there are certainly some drawbacks to that. Consider the following:
- Different manufacturers make their cars in their own custom way, so it’s impossible for aftermarket parts to fit in every model exactly right.
- Since these companies produce for the masses, the quality of these parts gets a ding right off the bat.
- Forget about matching colors. The chances of aftermarket parts appearing cohesive with the unique interior trim in your cabin or bold exterior paint are slim to none.
Ford Parts Advantages
The lure of aftermarket parts for drivers from Fort Garry and beyond is that they tend to be cheaper than OEM parts. Cheap in price typically means cheap in every sense of the word, though. Opting instead for Ford parts promises advantages like:
- Use of quality materials that will promote longevity and superior fit
- Enhanced performance, as they’re meant for your vehicle specifically
- More limited selection, making it easier to order the part that you need without feeling overwhelmed by options
- Warranty coverage, generally for 2 years and unlimited mileage, whichever comes first as you cruise through St. James-Assiniboia
- Compliance with the warranty on your new Ford to ensure service is still covered for its duration
Turn to Capital Ford Winnipeg for Ford OEM Parts!
When you schedule service with Capital Ford Winnipeg, you can rest assured that our certified technicians are using Ford OEM parts on your Ford F-150 or Ford Escape. Have any questions? Get in touch with our team today!
More From Capital Ford Winnipeg
Spring is here and you want to show off your ride! Whether you’re trying to sell your car, or just want to show it off on Instagram, our tips are for you! The good news is that you don’t need to go out and buy a fancy camera, most decent smartphones these days will have…
The 2020 Fusion is built to make big strides and a small footprint. This award-winning, family-friendly sedan is one of the crown jewels in Ford’s crown. It excels in all areas, but especially its design, performance capability and available smart features. Read on to learn more… Design: The 2020 Fusion has a look that inspires…
As the first day of spring draws closer, and the weather in Winnipeg starts to flip between sunny +5 temps and snowy -15, you may start asking yourself, “When should my winter tires come off?” We know the feeling. Don’t Rush It. It’s easy to want to jump the gun and switch out the second…