The Winter Tire Program provides low-interest financing to eligible Manitobans at prime plus two per cent*, on up to $2,000 per vehicle. This financing can be used for the purchase of qualifying winter tires and associated costs from participating retailers.
To be eligible for the Winter Tire Program, you must:
- be an individual (not corporate) Manitoba Public Insurance customer
- purchase qualifying winter tires for a passenger vehicle or light truck (gross vehicle weight under 4541 kg) registered under your name
- have no financing restrictions or outstanding arrears on your Manitoba Public Insurance account
- Check your eligibility quickly and easily with our eligibility confirmation tool.
Eligible tires will display this symbol, as endorsed by Transport Canada and must appear on the list of eligible tires. It indicates that the tires have met specific snow traction performance requirements and are designed to be used in severe snow conditions.Financing can be applied to the purchase of eligible winter tires. Customers financing eligible winter tires may also receive financing on associated costs including:
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Addition of studs to tires (some limitations apply)
- Mounting and balancing
- Storage costs (if paid during initial purchase)
- Switchover costs (if paid during initial purchase)
- Wheel alignment
- Nitrogen fill
- Valve stems
- Shop supplies
- Applicable taxes and fees
Eligible products and services financed for the same eligible vehicle can be made from multiple retailers.