Instant Trade Appraisal
Value Your Trade-In at Capital Ford Winnipeg
Looking for the best place to trade in a car near Winnipeg? Capital Ford Winnipeg makes the car trade-in process easy and hassle-free, and we’ll pay top dollar for your trade-in, no matter what make or model it is. You can then apply the value of your old car towards the purchase of a brand new Ford car, truck, or SUV.
Along with being the best place to trade in a car, Capital Ford Winnipeg can also help guide you through the trade-in process, providing answers to common questions such as:
- How much is my car worth?
- Should I fix my car before trading it in?
- Is it better to trade-in at a dealership or sell on Craigslist?
We can also help you learn how to trade in a car that’s not paid off and how to trade in a car with problems. Learn more then stop by our dealership in Winnipeg to complete your trade-in and get behind the wheel of an exciting new Ford today!
How Much is My Car Worth?
Trading in your current vehicle at Capital Ford Winnipeg is a great way to help you get the best deal possible, but how do you determine how much your vehicle is worth? We offer a convenient online Instant Trade Appraisal tool you can use to get the trade-in value of your vehicle in seconds. Just fill in the required information, submit the form, and receive the fair market value of your vehicle. Then bring your car, along with the title, registration, and proof of insurance to our dealership in Winnipeg. We will perform a formal inspection and present you with our offer on the spot. It’s just that simple!
Should I Fix My Car Before Trading it In?
Wondering how to trade in a car with problems or should I fix my car before trading it in? Simple, inexpensive repairs such as replacing broken knobs or burned-out lights can help you get the best trade-in price. Major repairs can be left to the dealership since it will cost them less to fix than what you’d have to pay out-of-pocket. Just because the vehicle has problems should deter you from trading it in.
Is it Better to Trade-In at a Dealership or Sell on Craigslist?
Trading in your car at a dealership is much easier than trying to sell the vehicle yourself. You won’t have to place an ad, arrange times for potential buyers to view the vehicle, haggle over the price, or deal with the required paperwork. It can take weeks to sell a car on your own, but at Capital Ford Winnipeg it’ll take you only a few hours and you can count on getting the best value for your vehicle on the spot. Some of the other benefits of trading in your car with us include:
- All Makes and Models Can Be Traded In: Even though we are one of the leading Selkirk-area Ford dealerships, we take vehicles of all makes and models in trade. We are always interested in adding high-quality pre-driven vehicles like yours to our used car inventory.
- We Offer Top Dollar for Your Trade-In: The trade-in process at our dealership is straightforward and transparent. We are prepared to offer you the fair market value of your vehicle, period.
How to Trade in a Car That’s Not Paid Off
Is it possible to trade in a car that’s not paid off? Yes, but remember that the loan on your vehicle will not go away because you decided to trade the car in. Here are a couple of things to keep in mind if you plan on trading in a car that’s not paid off:
- If the remaining amount of your auto loan is less than the trade-in offer, then you will have money leftover that goes towards purchasing a new car from the dealer. For example: If you still owe $7,000 on your vehicle in Selkirk, and the dealer offers you $8,000 to buy the car, the loan can get paid off, and you have $1,000 to contribute towards your next vehicle.
- If the remaining balance of your auto loan is more than the trade-in offer, then you still owe money on your car, and that’s called negative equity. You can pay off the remaining balance in full before buying your next car, or you can rollover the balance into your next auto loan with the dealer.
How to Get the Best Value for Your Trade-In
Here are some things that you can do ahead of time to help ensure that you get the best trade-in value possible:
- Clean the Car – Washing your vehicle, vacuuming the interior, cleaning the glass, etc., will make your car look its best and increase its value.
- Bring Service Records – Your maintenance and service records will prove that the vehicle has been well taken care of and will improve the trade-in value of your vehicle.
- Make Minor Repairs – Simple, inexpensive repairs such as replacing broken knobs or burned-out lights can help you get the best trade-in price.
- Get a Trade-In Estimate – Using our online Instant Trade Appraisal tool will give you a quick estimate on what the vehicle is worth, so you won’t have any surprises when you finalize the trade.
The Trade-In Process: What to Expect
First of all, it is important to have an idea of what your car’s trade-in value is before you visit our dealership near Steinbach. You should also explore our inventory of new and used vehicles to find the one that will best suit your needs. If your trade-in value doesn’t cover the cost of the vehicle that you are purchasing, our finance team can help you get a low-interest loan to cover the remaining amount. Once you are ready to make a trade, bring your vehicle to Capital Ford Winnipeg along with the title, auto loan payoff information, service records, and registration. We’ll review the documentation, run a vehicle history check, inspect the vehicle, and finalize the trade-in value amount. We make the entire trade-in process simple, easy, and hassle-free!
Trade-In Your Vehicle Today at Capital Ford Winnipeg!
If you want to trade in your car and apply the value to a new or pre-owned vehicle, Capital Ford Winnipeg is the place to go. Make sure to check out our current new vehicle specials and used car offers to get the best deal possible. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or would like more information.