Ford Scheduled Maintenance Guide
Whether you have a new or used Ford model, it’s important to be diligent about regular maintenance, in order to keep your car, truck, or SUV always running at peak performance levels on Winnipeg area roads. Standard Ford service ranges from routine oil changes to spark plug replacements, and all maintenance depends on how many kilometers you have on the odometer. Check out this Ford scheduled maintenance guide from Capital Ford Winnipeg to know what service is needed and when.
Ford Service Intervals
Under normal driving conditions, Winnipeg drivers should bring their vehicles in for oil changes every 12,000 to 16,000 kilometers. But there are certain driving conditions that will require more frequent oil changes. If you do moderate to heavy towing, drive in mountainous or off-road conditions, or do any extended idling or hot or cold operation, you’ll need an oil change every 8,000 to 11,999 kilometers. For those doing maximum load/towing, or extreme hot or cold operation, the interval is 4,000-7,999 kilometers.
During your oil change service our certified technicians will also:
- Replace the engine air filter
- Replace the cabin filter
- Inspect and rotate the tires
- Inspect the brakes
- Check the engine cooling system
- Check the transmission fluid
There are some additional basic maintenance checks that should be performed regularly. These include;
- Engine oil level
- See that all interior and exterior lights are working properly
- Tire pressure and wear
- Windshield wiper fluid
Every Six Months
- Check battery connections and clean in necessary
- Make sure that body and door drain holes are clear of obstructions
- Check cooling system fluid level
- Check door weatherstripping for wear and lubricate if needed
- Make sure that hinges, latches, and outside locks are lubricated and working properly
You can perform these checks yourself, or if you prefer, our service techs can handle them for you.
Ford Service Tips
When it comes to Ford service, keep these tips in mind as you go through the Ford scheduled maintenance guide:
- Service intervals vary depending on your vehicle’s model year, the odometer reading, driving conditions, and more. Check your owner’s manual for the most accurate information.
- Check the service specials at Capital Ford Winnipeg to save money on these routine maintenance tasks.
- If you suspect there is something wrong with your vehicle, don’t wait until your next maintenance visit to have it checked out. Bring it in immediately to avoid costly repairs.
Schedule Your Ford Maintenance with Capital Ford Winnipeg
Is it time for your next Ford scheduled maintenance? If so, turn to the experienced technicians at Capital Ford Winnipeg. Our team uses only genuine Ford parts to keep your vehicle functioning as it was meant to when it was built. Connect with our team to make an appointment at our Service Center or explore our Ford extended warranty options!
More From Capital Ford Winnipeg
Winnipeg drivers who need a truck that can take them from the job site during the week to an adventurous weekend exploring the area will find that the 2019 Ford Ranger is an ideal model. Customize your cabin and bed setup, enjoy a spacious interior, and take advantage of advanced technology with this Ford midsize…
The 2019 Ford F-250 towing capacity depends on the configuration you select:: Maximum Conventional Towing: 9,525 kg Maximum 5th-Wheel Towing: 12,474 kg Maximum Gooseneck Towing: 14,742 kg In addition to its towing capabilities, the new F-250 promises a maximum payload capacity of 3,461kg, also depending on its configuration. With all of this in mind, Winnipeg…
When you outfit it with all the right gear, the 2019 Ford Explorer can tow up to 1,361 to 2,268 kg, with a payload capacity of 571 to 779 kg. If you need to haul equipment to your Winnipeg job site or tow your boat to Lake Winnipeg for a relaxing day of fishing, the…