Ford Scheduled Maintenance Guide
Whether you have a new or used Ford model, it’s important to be diligent about regular maintenance, in order to keep your car, truck, or SUV always running at peak performance levels on Winnipeg area roads. Standard Ford service ranges from routine oil changes to spark plug replacements, and all maintenance depends on how many kilometers you have on the odometer. Check out this Ford scheduled maintenance guide from Capital Ford Winnipeg to know what service is needed and when.
Ford Service Intervals
Under normal driving conditions, Winnipeg drivers should bring their vehicles in for oil changes every 12,000 to 16,000 kilometers. But there are certain driving conditions that will require more frequent oil changes. If you do moderate to heavy towing, drive in mountainous or off-road conditions, or do any extended idling or hot or cold operation, you’ll need an oil change every 8,000 to 11,999 kilometers. For those doing maximum load/towing, or extreme hot or cold operation, the interval is 4,000-7,999 kilometers.
During your oil change service our certified technicians will also:
- Replace the engine air filter
- Replace the cabin filter
- Inspect and rotate the tires
- Inspect the brakes
- Check the engine cooling system
- Check the transmission fluid
There are some additional basic maintenance checks that should be performed regularly. These include;
- Engine oil level
- See that all interior and exterior lights are working properly
- Tire pressure and wear
- Windshield wiper fluid
Every Six Months
- Check battery connections and clean in necessary
- Make sure that body and door drain holes are clear of obstructions
- Check cooling system fluid level
- Check door weatherstripping for wear and lubricate if needed
- Make sure that hinges, latches, and outside locks are lubricated and working properly
You can perform these checks yourself, or if you prefer, our service techs can handle them for you.
Ford Service Tips
When it comes to Ford service, keep these tips in mind as you go through the Ford scheduled maintenance guide:
- Service intervals vary depending on your vehicle’s model year, the odometer reading, driving conditions, and more. Check your owner’s manual for the most accurate information.
- Check the service specials at Capital Ford Winnipeg to save money on these routine maintenance tasks.
- If you suspect there is something wrong with your vehicle, don’t wait until your next maintenance visit to have it checked out. Bring it in immediately to avoid costly repairs.
Schedule Your Ford Maintenance with Capital Ford Winnipeg
Is it time for your next Ford scheduled maintenance? If so, turn to the experienced technicians at Capital Ford Winnipeg. Our team uses only genuine Ford parts to keep your vehicle functioning as it was meant to when it was built. Connect with our team to make an appointment at our Service Center or explore our Ford extended warranty options!
More From Capital Ford Winnipeg
With so many ways to configure your Ford F-150, it’s easy to make your pickup truck entirely your own. Want to customize it even more? Explore the Ford F-150 accessories and Ford F-150 cargo options available to you at Capital Ford Winnipeg. You’ll be organized at the City Centre work site and prepared to make a statement on…
No matter which of the numerous Ford F-150 configurations is selected, City Centre-area drivers can expect to enjoy an impressive towing capacity. At the top of the range, though, the F-150 towing capacity reaches a best-in-class 5,987 kilograms. Discover how much this Ford pickup can tow with its various engines, thanks to this guide from Capital Ford Winnipeg! View…
The 2019 Ford F-150 is often hyped for its high-strength build, impressive towing capacity, and uncompromising work ethic. However, the Ford F-150 interior is just as noteworthy, and since you will spend the majority of your time inside the cabin as you drive to and from City Centre, it merits your attention. Check out the…