How to Program Ford Key Fobs
Your Ford key fob promotes convenience for your City Centre drives. Not only do you have easy access to get in and out of your car, but some fobs for new Ford models also allow you to start the engine with push-button start or offer remote start functionality. As such, ensuring that all key fobs are properly programmed is crucial. Find out how to program a Ford key fob with these simple Ford key fob programming instructions from Capital Ford Winnipeg!
Ford Key Fob Programming Guide
The Ford key fob programming process should take no more than a few minutes out of your busy St. James-Assiniboia schedule. Just follow these steps:
- Get into your car with the key you wish to program, and ensure all doors are closed.
- Open the driver-side door and press the UNLOCK button.
- Turn the ignition from OFF to RUN 8 times, all within 10 seconds. The final time should end on RUN to enter you into programming mode.
- Your door locks should cycle between lock and unlock to indicate that you’ve entered programming mode. If they don’t, try again, turning the key faster.
- Within 8 seconds of door lock cycling, press any button on the Ford key fob you wish to program. Your doors will cycle again to confirm programming has been completed.
- Repeat the process for any additional key fob you wish to program.
- When all Ford key fob programming is finished, turn the ignition to OFF. The locks will cycle once more to indicate the end of programming.
Ford Key Fob Programming Tips
As you go through the above Ford key fob programming process, you may encounter some difficulty. For example, if you can’t get the door locks to cycle, it may be because you don’t have keyless entry. There’s also a chance that your key fob has a low or dead battery and requires a replacement. If you have any doubts or need help, schedule service with Capital Ford Winnipeg near Garden City today!
Get More Advice from Capital Ford Winnipeg
Having trouble with your Ford key fob programming? Get in touch with Capital Ford Winnipeg to get your questions answered! Our certified technicians can walk you through how to program a Ford key fob and provide advice on other parts-related questions, including the benefits of genuine OEM Ford parts or how to connect to Ford SYNC®.
More From Capital Ford Winnipeg
With so many ways to configure your Ford F-150, it’s easy to make your pickup truck entirely your own. Want to customize it even more? Explore the Ford F-150 accessories and Ford F-150 cargo options available to you at Capital Ford Winnipeg. You’ll be organized at the City Centre work site and prepared to make a statement on…
No matter which of the numerous Ford F-150 configurations is selected, City Centre-area drivers can expect to enjoy an impressive towing capacity. At the top of the range, though, the F-150 towing capacity reaches a best-in-class 5,987 kilograms. Discover how much this Ford pickup can tow with its various engines, thanks to this guide from Capital Ford Winnipeg! View…
The 2019 Ford F-150 is often hyped for its high-strength build, impressive towing capacity, and uncompromising work ethic. However, the Ford F-150 interior is just as noteworthy, and since you will spend the majority of your time inside the cabin as you drive to and from City Centre, it merits your attention. Check out the…