How Much Can a 2022 Ford Explorer Tow?
The Ford Explorer is a capable midsize SUV that delivers robust performance that will serve you well on Winnipeg-area roads and beyond. How much can a Ford Explorer tow? The 2022 Ford Explorer towing capacity reaches 2,540 kilograms when properly equipped. That’s enough to haul a travel trailer, a couple of ATVs, or a small boat on your next adventure outside Steinbach. Learn more about the Ford Explorer towing capacity, then schedule a test drive today with Capital Ford Winnipeg!
Ford Explorer Engine Options: Specs & Towing Capacity
The Ford Explorer has three powertrain options. Check out the specs and towing capacity for each to see which is better suited to your Selkirk-area driving needs:
- 2.3L EcoBoost® 4-Cylinder:Rated at 300 hp and 310 lb-ft of torque, this engine helps the Explorer to tow up to 2,268 kilograms when properly equipped.
- 3.0L EcoBoost® V6: Paired to a 10-speed automatic transmission, and featuring twin turbos and direct injection, this V6 engine delivers up to 365 hp and 380 lb-ft of torque on the Platinum trims, while the ST trims boost the output to 400 hp and 415 lb-ft of torque. When equipped with this V6, the Explorer can tow up to 2,540 kilograms.
- 3.3L Hybrid: The Ford Explorer hybrid powertrain offers fuel-efficient performance while still providing an impressive towing capacity of up to 2,268 kilograms.
Ford Explorer Towing Features
The following features are designed to further enhance the 2022 Ford Explorer towing capacity and your towing experience:
- Towing and Trailer Sway Control: This system selectively applies the brakes and adjusts engine power to ensure trailer control and stability.
- Side Wind Stabilization: Counteracts the effects of strong crosswinds, helping to keep you in control.
- Intelligent 4WD with Terrain Management System™: Offers Normal, Mud/Rut, Sand, or Grass/Gravel/Snow modes, enabling you to handle all kinds of weather, road, and trail conditions.
- AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control™: Monitors yaw and roll rates using gyroscopic sensors, and helps retain control in the event of wheel slip, understeer, or oversteer. It also includes Curve Control, which slows the vehicle’s speed during tight cornering.
- Class III Trailer Tow Package: Available with 2.3L EcoBoost® and 3.3L hybrid engines, and standard with the 3.0L EcoBoost® engine, this package allows you to take full advantage of the Ford Explorer towing capabilities.
Experience the Ford Explorer Today at Capital Ford Winnipeg!
Ready to get behind the wheel of an exciting new 2022 Ford Explorer? Head on down to our dealership in Winnipeg and experience all that this capable and well-equipped SUV has to offer you. Make sure to browse our current new vehicle specials, then apply for financing with us online to get pre-approved today! If you have any questions or would like more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us.