What Does Ford Roadside Assistance Include?
Emergency Roadside Assistance runs concurrent with the New Vehicle Limited Warranty package that comes with your new Ford car, truck, or SUV. What does Ford Roadside Assistance include? It provides 24/7 coverage for services such as towing, jump-starts, emergency travel reimbursement, and more, anywhere in Canada or the continental United States. Learn more about all that Ford Roadside Assistance includes and how it can add peace of mind to your Winnipeg travels in this guide from Capital Ford Winnipeg
Ford Roadside Assistance Coverage
Whether you are driving across town in Winnipeg or heading out on a cross-country road trip, the Ford Roadside Assistance program by Sykes Assistance Services Corporation (SASC) on behalf of Ford of Canada has you covered. While the Ford Roadside Assistance program is separate from your New Vehicle Limited Warranty, it provides the following coverage within the Powertrain Warranty period:
- Cars and Light Trucks: 5 year/100,000 kilometres (whichever occurs first)
- Light Trucks (diesel): 5 year/160,000 kilometres (whichever occurs first)
- Heavy Trucks (F-650/F-750): 2 year/unlimited kilometres
Your Ford Roadside Assistance includes the services listed below:
- Jump-start: If the battery loses its charge for any reason, jump-start service will be provided to get you back on the road.
- Flat tire: A flat tire will be replaced with the spare, if available. If a spare tire is not provided, the vehicle will be towed to the nearest dealer or the selling dealer if within 25 kilometres.
- Mechanical breakdown tow: If your vehicle is disabled, towing will be provided to the nearest Ford dealership, or to the selling dealer if within 25 kilometres of the nearest dealer. There is one tow offered per disablement.
- Accident tow: If towing is not covered by your insurance, your vehicle will be towed to the nearest authorized Ford dealership or dealer approved body shop, up to a maximum of 50 kilometres.
- Fuel delivery: This includes delivery of up to 10 litres of fuel to stranded vehicles, with up to a maximum of 2 deliveries in a 12-month period. Vehicles stranded at refueling stations or dealers are not eligible for benefits.
- Winching: This is available only if the vehicle is within 30 metres of a paved or publicly maintained road. Recoveries are not included.
- Lockout service: If you should find yourself locked out of your vehicle, service will be dispatched to unlock the vehicle for you. Lockout service does not include the cost of key recovery or replacement.
Emergency Travel Reimbursement
If you are stranded due to a mechanical breakdown or an accident more than 160 kilometres from your residence address, you will be eligible for a reimbursement of up to $500 for reasonable emergency expenses that are not covered by insurance. Covered expenses include:
- Local lodging and meals, excluding gratuities and alcohol
- Vehicle rentals from legitimate car rental agencies, covering only the basic daily vehicle rental rate along with applicable taxes – all other rental costs are excluded including the cost of gas
- Commercial transportation to your destination, as well as the return to pick up your vehicle after repairs are completed
Learn More About Ford Roadside Assistance at Capital Ford Winnipeg
Stranded on the road outside of Selkirk or Steinbach? Call Ford Roadside Assistance toll-free at 1-800-665-2006 or use the Ford Roadside Assistance app to get help any time. If you have any questions about what Ford Roadside Assistance includes, or if you’d like to explore our extended warranty options, please feel free to contact us. We’re here to make sure you get the most out of your Ford ownership experience.